Monday, May 5, 2008

OC Challenge

Due to weather conditions, they changed some of the course. The route was about 52 miles this year. I ran it as a guide......helping make sure everyone was Ok and on track. I took off at the head of the pack....then dropped back to find a group a Dallas riders to join. I wound up riding with a guy named Alex (bigdaddy) on the forum. The fireroad climb up to the singletrack wasn't as bad as I thought it woud be. The first part was pretty wet here and there, even had water flowing down the trail in a few spots. But once we got to the Womble it got much better. We made all the check points with time to spare, and Alex was riding strong. He did experiance some cramping, but was able to ride it off. I took some great pics and a lot of video.......unfortunately, it seems to have not downloaded right and I lost it all.....CRAP!

No comments: